Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow/choppy scrolling in Local Library
I have just over 700 songs in my library and scrolling them is choppy. The two top panes above the songs list which contain quite a few artists and albums are NOT choppy when scrolling. So it's just the one bottom pane (showing about 7 columns).
Hmm, strange. Those panes are actually identical. Maybe they accidentially differ in one attribute. Is cpu usage on 100 percent when scrolling? When you finish scrolling, does it continue for a while? A friend of mine has an installatiin with about 50000 tracks on a thin client with 1.1 ghz and there's no performance issue...which versiin are you using?
Xorg usage is about 10% higher when scrolling the choppy pane, but far from 100% cpu usage. I just tinkered with the columns and figured out what the issue is. If I have the Ratings column visible, it lags. Otherwise it's completely fine.
(07-16-2017, 01:32 PM)johnny_boy Wrote: I have just over 700 songs in my library and scrolling them is choppy. The two top panes above the songs list which contain quite a few artists and albums are NOT choppy when scrolling. So it's just the one bottom pane (showing about 7 columns).

Could it be your ram needs upgrading?
(08-28-2017, 06:11 AM)Colpitts Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 01:32 PM)johnny_boy Wrote: I have just over 700 songs in my library and scrolling them is choppy. The two top panes above the songs list which contain quite a few artists and albums are NOT choppy when scrolling. So it's just the one bottom pane (showing about 7 columns).

Could it be your ram needs upgrading?

Not at all. Memory usage shows over 2GB free.
I just noticed that under wayland, the scrolling isn't choppy when ratings are displayed. Weird.
Does the problem still appear with Sayonara 1.0?
I'll test it the next time I run an X session. I'm logged into a (kwin) wayland session at the moment, where the bug doesn't appear.