Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Further panel customisation
Wow - loving the player so far! Long term foobar2000 user here (a player that allows theme/skin writing in simple scripts), having recently migrated from Windows to Linux I\'ve had trouble persuading myself that there was another music player that I could grow to like, until I just installed Sayonara.

Already a very capable player, it would become even more wonderful if I could further customise my layout for the player. It\'s possible the features exist and I just haven\'t found them yet?

I presently have it set up with two panels at right showing just artist and album. Great. I see that by default each list view has a \"play\" icon in the leftmost column. It would seem to make sense to play any displayed track simply by clicking that button.

It feels way too cumbersome to search for an artist/album and then find that a double click sends it to playlist, from where it then has to be launched - thus far with another double click. How about single click playing - as above - either directly from the panel view or from the playlist?

How about allowing custom key binds to play, add, remove tracks e.g. hit \"space\" bar to play?

While I\'m here ;0) - how about allowing complete control over the panel content? I have a pretty large music library (upwards of 4000 albums) with large genre collections within. I tend to change the display of content depending on mood/genre. So for example I might want simply show \"title\" and \"genre\" in left pane, and mp3 tag info in right, or perhaps full album art display panel?

Finally, could it be possible to either drag and drop or simply tick option to either remove the playlist from view altogether, or perhaps replace one of the panel contents with the playlist?

Wonderful player though . Thank you. Am going to keep an eye on progress/features.

SmileSmile
Quote:Wow - loving the player so far! Long term foobar2000 user here (a player that allows theme/skin writing in simple scripts), having recently migrated from Windows to Linux I\'ve had trouble persuading myself that there was another music player that I could grow to like, until I just installed Sayonara.

Hi! Thank you a lot! Nice to hear that you like it. Smile

Quote:Already a very capable player, it would become even more wonderful if I could further customise my layout for the player. It\'s possible the features exist and I just haven\'t found them yet?

No, currently everything you can do is resizing or hiding the panels in the library view. Moving them is not possible atm.

I presently have it set up with two panels at right showing just artist and album. Great.

Quote:I see that by default each list view has a \"play\" icon in the leftmost column. It would seem to make sense to play any displayed track simply by clicking that button.
It feels way too cumbersome to search for an artist/album and then find that a double click sends it to playlist, from where it then has to be launched - thus far with another double click. How about single click playing - as above - either directly from the panel view or from the playlist?

I will create the possibility to configure the desired behavior. So you can choose, if you want to play the tracks immediately, even if it is currently playing.

Quote:How about allowing custom key binds to play, add, remove tracks e.g. hit \"space\" bar to play?

You can toggle play/pause with the space bar already. You also can navigate with the tab key to the library windows and hitting the return key. The behaviour is the same as a double click. With Shift + Return you append the tracks to the playlist.

Quote:While I\'m here ;0) - how about allowing complete control over the panel content? I have a pretty large music library (upwards of 4000 albums) with large genre collections within. I tend to change the display of content depending on mood/genre. So for example I might want simply show \"title\" and \"genre\" in left pane, and mp3 tag info in right, or perhaps full album art display panel?

Finally, could it be possible to either drag and drop or simply tick option to either remove the playlist from view altogether, or perhaps replace one of the panel contents with the playlist?

I tried some approaches a few times, but it\'s not that easy. To be honest, I am not sure if that\'s really neccessary. The playlist is a central element. Without playlist the player does not make sense in my opinion. You can mark all tracks you wish to hear in the right view with Ctrl+A and add them to the playlist. I don\'t think that this is a big deal.

I am very sorry, that I cannot fulfill all wishes of all people. But sometimes I find the time to integrate a lot of features. But currently, time is luxury. It\'s only hobby project Sad

Believe me, if I could work full-time on this player I\'d definitely do it, but I need some food too Wink
Well thank you anyway, for both taking the time to respond in detail, and for implementing the \"play now\" feature :0)

I do understand when you say that this is a project and you have limited resources. So this is really simply by way of further comment: I don\'t see why you feel it \"unnecessary\" to remove the playlist? I\'m not certain I would see a playlist as a central, core element. Why? Because imagine that I wish to play an album. I navigate to the desired album and begin playing it. At this point, while I might like to see each track listing appear as it plays, why would I want or need a playlist?? I know what I\'m playing. When the album is finished, I either repeat with the next album, or I have already added it to the playlist anyway - \"queueing\". I know it\'s coming up, I don\'t need to see a playlist to know this.

Anyway, as I say it\'s just a comment. I suppose I was thinking more in terms of this becoming a \"fully fledged\" player. Maybe it will. Either way, thanks again and I\'ll look for updates :0)
I created a configurations menu. You can specify the library-playlist interaction there. You are able to setup the behaviour for double click and drag&drop.

You have the following options:

Double click in Library: Create playlist and
  1. do nothing
  2. start playing when player is stopped
  3. start playing immediately
    [/list=1]

Drag and drop from library: Insert tracks and
    1. do nothing
    2. immediately start playing when playlist is empty and player is stopped
      [/list=1]

So you can just double click an entry and it is played immediately. A double click is simulated when pressing the icon in the library view.

Those options will be available in the next version.

I hope this is kind of a compromise for you Smile

[Edited on 14-3-2016 by Lucio Carreras]