Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Installation problem
Hello,
I\'m new to ubuntu and tried to install sayonara via PPA
When I execute the third command, it says that the package can\'t be found. What did I do wrong? The first two commands work wthout problems.
Maybe the problem is the fact that I installed ubuntu on a raspberry pi-like china-minicomputer (Orange pi Plus)^^

Thank you for your help!

[Edited on 7-7-2016 by wbuch]

[Edited on 19-9-2016 by Lucio Carreras]
Hi!

Everything you did was right Smile
Unfortunately, Ubuntu does not build ARM versions on the PPA servers. You have to compile it yourself. Here, https://sayonara-player.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2 you can find a tutorial how to build everthing. It\'s straigtforward, I guess you will need about 3 minutes for it. Compiling will take some time on a raspberry.

Just install the packages with apt-get and run the build commands. Ignore the yum stuff. But first of all you need the package git.

If there are any problems, don\'t hesitate to ask. And let me know, how long compilation took on a raspberry and if Sayonara is usable there.
Thank you for you answer!
Unfortunately, I had no time last week to try it.
Today I tried to compile, but after 30 minutes it says:

[ 52%] Building CXX object src/Interfaces/PreferenceDialog/CMakeFiles/say_interfaces_preference_dialog.dir/PreferenceInterface.cpp.o
[ 52%] Building CXX object src/Interfaces/PreferenceDialog/CMakeFiles/say_interfaces_preference_dialog.dir/PreferenceDialogInterface.cpp.o
[ 52%] Building CXX object src/Interfaces/PreferenceDialog/CMakeFiles/say_interfaces_preference_dialog.dir/PreferenceWidgetInterface.cpp.o
[ 52%] Building CXX object src/Interfaces/PreferenceDialog/CMakeFiles/say_interfaces_preference_dialog.dir/say_interfaces_preference_dialog_automoc.cpp.o
Linking CXX static library libsay_interfaces_preference_dialog.a
[ 52%] Built target say_interfaces_preference_dialog
Scanning dependencies of target say_gui_player
[ 53%] Building CXX object src/GUI/Player/CMakeFiles/say_gui_player.dir/GUI_Player.cpp.o
In file included from /home/orangepi/sayonara-player/src/GUI/Player/GUI_Player.cpp:31:0:
/home/orangepi/sayonara-player/src/GUI/MTP/GUI_MTP.h:27:32: fatal error: GUI/MTP/ui_GUI_MTP.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
#include \"GUI/MTP/ui_GUI_MTP.h\"
^
compilation terminated.
src/GUI/Player/CMakeFiles/say_gui_player.dir/build.make:59: recipe for target \'src/GUI/Player/CMakeFiles/say_gui_player.dir/GUI_Player.cpp.o\' failed
make[2]: *** [src/GUI/Player/CMakeFiles/say_gui_player.dir/GUI_Player.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1545: recipe for target \'src/GUI/Player/CMakeFiles/say_gui_player.dir/all\' failed
make[1]: *** [src/GUI/Player/CMakeFiles/say_gui_player.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:117: recipe for target \'all\' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I looked in the \"MTP\" folder. There is really no \"ui_GUI_MTP.h\"

[Edited on 13-7-2016 by wbuch]
Sorry, there was a problem in GUI_Player.cpp. You can do a git pull and go on compiling.
Second way would be to install libmtp-dev and run the cmake command and make again.

If you don\'t use the git version and you cannot install libmtp-dev for some reason, you have to fix the following lines:

in src/GUI/Player/GUI_Player.cpp, replace

Code:
#include \"GUI/MTP/GUI_MTP.h\"

with

Code:
#ifdef WITH_MTP
    #include \"GUI/MTP/GUI_MTP.h\"
#endif
Thank you,
it works!. :no:For me, it\'s the best player on linux, even better than Guayadeque.
The only thing I miss a little, is a crossfaderWink
Perfect Smile I guess, a crossfader should not be a big deal. Let\'s see... Does Sayonara run well on the Raspberry?
That would be really niceSmile
It runs really well on my Orange Pi Plus (compareable with Raspberry pi 2). Searching for tracks in my 40k+ library takes a few seconds, but it\'s a lot faster than in other players. Only Guayadeque can compete with that. Compiling took ca. 45 minutes.
Sounds great. If searching takes too much time, you can uncheck the Live Search feature in the Local Library menu. So you can type your string and apply with the enter key.

When the player works well under the Raspberry Pi, I\'ll provide packages for it, too in the future

[Edited on 15-7-2016 by Lucio Carreras]
New version is out, including a crossfader Smile