Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add "Date Added" and "Date Modified" columns to Library
I usually listen to new musics more often than the old ones. It would be great to be able to view recently added tracks in the top of the Library. Maybe the simplest way to do that would be to add a \"Date Added\" column, so the tracks can be sorted by its age in the Library.

A \"Date Modified\" column would be good too, since many times the user already have a large music collection before importing it to Sayonara, and after doing that, the \"date added\" field will be pretty the same for all tracks. So the file\'s modification date can help in this case.

There\'s another requested feature that would be partially fixed by this: Logical playlists

Thank you, Lucio, for this amazing software!
First of all, I really really thought about this feature more than one time. Implementing this feature will not take much effort. And I have the same problem, too. I always create a new playlist with the new sound.

But: What should I do with the sound? When was this sound added or modified? Showing these (mostly incorrect) dates directly in the library would be ugly...

My proposals:
1. I create new playlists which are visible in the playlist plugin. Those playlists are calculated dynamically. There will be playlists with different attributes as desired in the thread you mentioned (omg, I see this thread the first time).
2. I create another field in the library under the genre field (the genre field will shrink) where you have a few entries (not older than 30 days, not older than one year...). Clicking these entries may filter the library. I think this would be the nicest way

What do you think?

[rquote=646&tid=261&author=Lucio Carreras]First of all, I really really thought about this feature more than one time. Implementing this feature will not take much effort. And I have the same problem, too. I always create a new playlist with the new sound.[/rquote]
Glad I\'m not lonely :-D

[rquote=646&tid=261&author=Lucio Carreras]But: What should I do with the sound? When was this sound added or modified? Showing these (mostly incorrect) dates directly in the library would be ugly...[/rquote]
I agree, some fields are most susceptible to show some mess. But it\'s so ease to hide a column that I think it\'s worth the effort to include these fields. They may be hidden by default.

[rquote=646&tid=261&author=Lucio Carreras]My proposals:
1. I create new playlists which are visible in the playlist plugin. Those playlists are calculated dynamically. There will be playlists with different attributes as desired in the thread you mentioned (omg, I see this thread the first time).
2. I create another field in the library under the genre field (the genre field will shrink) where you have a few entries (not older than 30 days, not older than one year...). Clicking these entries may filter the library. I think this would be the nicest way
What do you think?[/rquote]
I like very much the second idea. The 1st idea seems very useful to me, but not very practical e a bit hidden in the UI. An Auto Playlists painel (I think it could be called Dynamic Playlists too) seems a lot more natural and powerful. :-D And I think it enforces the idea of Modified and Added Date columns, so the user can better understand why those specific tracks are showed in the \"Last 30 days\" playlist, for instance. And a dialog to edit these playlists criteria would be very welcome too.

Thank you so much for elaborating these ideas! I feel like these little features actually make the difference.
I implemented this feature and I am disappointed a little bit. Since Sayonara has not been saved the \"inserted\" and \"modified\" date since now, I tried to retrieve these dates from the file system. There is no \"created\" flag for most Unix file systems so Qt returns the modified/changed date. And that\'s the point.

So, if I want to see all tracks created during the last 3 months, I get ALL my tracks because... Hmm, I don\'t know why. But something has happened to ALL my files in August.
Today, I will release a new version that tracks \"inserted to database\" and modified date.

But I won\'t release this feature very soon (or maybe somewhere hidden) since the people then think it\'s crappy because the dates are incorrect in their opinion. I let the player gather some timestamps before releasing it

[Edited on 27-10-2016 by Lucio Carreras]
The feature is currently active, but without any GUI. Sayonara currently tracks everything in the background. After christmas you will have a GUI for this, too.
I am very sorry for the slow progress. At the moment, I have a bunch of work to do and I don\'t find time to code... I hope things are getting better after christmas. Thanks for your patience...