Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local Library / Cover / Direct Play
Hi there,

first: thanks for the great program and sorry for the bad english ;-)

I got some requests for the local library:

1. It would be great, if you could add the option to set more than one folder as the library.

2. As you can see on the attached screenshot, the library creates \"genre-directories\". If there are two genres with the same word in it (in this case \'Rock\' and Rock (d)\'), it will combine them in one genre-directory. It would be nice, if the program wouldn\'t do that or if the user would have the possibility to change this.

Some other requests:

3. A possibility to enlarge the Cover.

4. A direct play if you open the music-files from the context-menu or by double-click.

Thanx and greetings,

micha

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Micha, welcome to the forum Smile

1. I had this feature request a lot of times but I have not found the time to create an elegant solution. But I can assure you that this is planned.
2. No Problem, I will create a switch that changes the tree view into a list view.
3. So you want to see a larger cover in the playing window while playing? Are you willing to accept a smaller playlist? I could create one of these little plugins.
4. Look into File -> Preferences -> Library -> Library - Playlist - Interaction. There, you should find what you are looking for. If not, please let me know.

I will let you know about any progress.
Greetings, Lucio
Hey Lucio, thanks for the quick answer!!

1. Ok. It would be usefull because I have a lot of Compilations and other stuff in my music folder that I dont want to have in the library.

2. Thanks, nice!

3. Yes, a plugin would be nice! I think that the cover of an album is very important. Bigger Cover, smaller playlist (maybe sizable) and maybe the possibility to enlarge the cover to its original size by clicking (left, right, whatever)..?

4. I already found that preference, but this is just for starting the song from the library, not for starting the file directly from the ubuntu-explorer/folder.

Greetings, Micha
I guess points 2 to 4 are not a big deal. But point 1 is. You need to be a little bit patient regarding this feature request. But it\'s on the agenda for sure Smile
Great, thanx!
I will take care of this in the upcoming version. There\'s a new view in version 0.9.3 called cover view. Use Menubar->Local Library->View album covers. That might be interesting for you

[Edited on 1-5-2017 by Lucio Carreras]
I\'ve tried to play with library - playlist preferences and then when I doubled click my song on nautilus, it will just be added to playlist, not played immediately. I think ability to directly play song(s) from file manager is a basic feature for any music player, and wouw... this is not a big deal for sayonara player.
It\'s no big deal to implement that feature, either Smile i will include an option for this in the next version. Currently only library-playlist interaction was considered. Functionality is currently missing