Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort by Disc Number Tag and Ingnore "The" Alphabetically
Hi!

I think it would be really useful for multi-disc albums to be able to be sorted by the disc number tag to prevent attachment from happening, and so we don\'t need to change the Album or Track tags to \"[album] Disc 1/2\" or \"101/201\". Also, I think an option to ignore \"The\" in Artist names when Alphabetically sorted similar to the ignore accents for searches would be great, that way \"The Rolling Stones\" would be under R and \"The White Stripes\" would be under W.

[file]76[/file]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello!

Some features already exist.
Discnumbers: There\'s a column in the track view where you can sort by discnumber. In the album field, there are those silver discs on the left. Fir a multi-disc album there are two discs shown. Click on that disc icon when there are two discs shown. A little menu appears where yiu can filter the disc.

You can also ignore accents and e.g. German Umlaute by going to preferences-> Library and mark the checkbox \'ignore diacrytic characters\'.

Articles: Can you do me a favour? You can gather all plural articles in the most common languages. Let\'s say for all languages Sayonara currently supports and send me that list. Thar would be great.
[rquote=1008&tid=345&author=Lucio Carreras]
Discnumbers: There\'s a column in the track view where you can sort by discnumber. In the album field, there are those silver discs on the left. Fir a multi-disc album there are two discs shown. Click on that disc icon when there are two discs shown. A little menu appears where yiu can filter the disc.
[/quote]

I have a few albums with many discs, and when I check the discnumber tag, they are tagged properly, however in Sayonara there is only one silver disc in the album field.

You can also ignore accents and e.g. German Umlaute by going to preferences-> Library and mark the checkbox \'ignore diacrytic characters\'.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know, sorry if I wasn\'t clear, I was using that as an example for the articles.

Articles: Can you do me a favour? You can gather all plural articles in the most common languages. Let\'s say for all languages Sayonara currently supports and send me that list. Thar would be great.
[/quote]

I could list definite aticles for the supported languages, but I\'m not 100% sure about them.

Portugese
O
Os
A
As

Czech
N/A

German
Der
Die
Das

English
The

Spanish
Lo
La
Los
Las

French
Le
La
L\' (this one is tricky since there is no space between L\' and the word that comes after Ex.: L\'arbre)
Les

Hungarian
A
Az

Italian
Il
Lo
L\' (like French, is attached to the word)
I
Gli
La
Le

Dutch
De
Het

Polish
N/A

Romanian
The definite article in Romanian is attached at the end of the word. (WTF?)
N/A

Russian
N/A

Ukrainian
N/A

Chinese
N/A

I fucked up the quoting tags so much lmao

[Edited on 7/11/2017 by Zippy]
Here\'s something interesting. I use puddletag to tag my music.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for your work. That was fast Smile ok, so the discnumber tags of puddletag and sayonara is not compatible. Can you send me this wheezer file ?
The hexdump is sufficient.

Code:
dd if=/path/to/mp3 bs=512k count=1 | hexdump -C > out.txt

You can upload this to pastebin then...
I just tried it out with puddletag. After you changed the ID3 tag with an external tool, Sayonara\'s library is not aware of those changes, yet. You have to reload it. The fast reload only checks for new files, but the slow (deep) one also checks for tag changes.

Afterwards you should see the correct discnumbers and in case of a multidisc album you also should see the double disc icon in library.
I\'ll send you the Weezer song, but I already changed the tag in Sayonara.

That tag was edited with either Puddletag or MP3Tag (on Windows) a long time ago, so it\'s not something related to the library scanning.

[Edited on 7/11/2017 by Zippy]
Hmmm, when already changed with Sayonara I cannot see, what puddletag writes into. Every other tag is read correctly. Maybe you find another file. As been said, when writing tags including the discnumber with puddletag, I cannot reproduce that problem. Maybe an old version of puddletag used an old and now incompatible standard. But to prove this, I have to see such a file.

But when you tag a multidisc album with Sayonara you see those double disc symbol and a popup menu appears when clicking on it?

(07-13-2017, 06:41 PM)Lucio Carreras Wrote: Hmmm, when already changed with Sayonara I cannot see, what puddletag writes into. Every other tag is read correctly. Maybe you find another file. As been said, when writing tags including the discnumber with puddletag, I cannot reproduce that problem. Maybe an old version of puddletag used an old and now incompatible standard. But to prove this, I have to see such a file.

But when you tag a multidisc album with Sayonara you see those double disc symbol and a popup menu appears when clicking on it?

Yeah, if I use Sayonara to tag it it works.