Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please add musepack support
Musepack is extremely good audio format on bitrates ~200 kbs and higher (VBR). It does not have pre-echo artifacts nor low-pass filtering, so that gives it outstanding dynamics and transparency. The format is not so widespread, but is well known in \"audiophile circles\".
Seconded, three years later. Open source audio codec that ought to be supported on principle, particularly given its superior performance at medium-high to high bitrates. This player seems interesting, surprised that I hadn\'t heard of it sooner.

[Edited on 17-9-2016 by rhythm-x]
Hi!
I searched for about 15 minutes for some tracks encoded with musepack but I could not find any.
Probably, gstreamer can play musepack files, but sayonara currently does not support the mpc file ending. I have to encode a few files for testing. I will let you know about progress.
Thanks! If you\'re still in need of files, here\'s a link to a thread in the Musepack forums that links to a Musepack encode of The Open Goldberg Variations:

https://forum.musepack.net/showthread.php?t=654
[rquote=636&tid=53&author=Lucio Carreras]Hi!
I searched for about 15 minutes for some tracks encoded with musepack but I could not find any.
Probably, gstreamer can play musepack files, but sayonara currently does not support the mpc file ending. I have to encode a few files for testing. I will let you know about progress.[/rquote]
I am currently facing a problem that Gstreamer cannot handle Musepack v8. In other players it works, but with gst-launch or Sayonara it currently does not work. But it\'s on top of my todo list
I am very sorry for the slow progress. At the moment, I have a bunch of work to do and I don\'t find time to code... I hope things are getting better after christmas. Thanks for your patience...